This new version adapts to the new technical capabilities of the Galaxy S24 and also fixes numerous bugs carried over from other versions.
|No te pierdas nada y ¡Síguenos en Google News!
Camera Assistant is a Samsung application that unlocks the full potential of the camera on Galaxy devices, allowing users to customize and manage various camera functions. Originally, Camera Assistant was exclusive to Samsung’s high-end range, including models like Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Note 20, and Galaxy S20. However, with the update to One UI 6, the app is now also available for Samsung’s mid-range devices, including models like Galaxy A53 and A54. Here are all the devices that have access to the app.
The application offers a range of advanced settings and features. For example, it allows users to customize the automatic photo mode, control the operation of automatic HDR, adjust the level of photo smoothing, and control the degree of noise reduction. It also enables users to choose whether to prioritize image quality or capture speed. Additionally, it provides quick access to 2x zoom, allowing quick zooming to this level without having to “pinch” the screen. Another interesting option is the ability to set when the photo is taken: whether when they press the shutter button or when they release it.
A huge update with profound changes and many fixes
Just a few days ago, we had the official presentation of the new Galaxy S24 Series, and obviously, the application must be adapted to take advantage of the new capabilities of this phone. The new version 2.1.00.1 can now be downloaded from the Galaxy Store and adds new features such as direct access to the 10x and 100x zoom levels of the camera.
It also includes the correction of the DOF adapter, which basically automatically corrects flipped images when the phone is connected to an external depth of field adapter (this is for more advanced users). The update also brings the anamorphic lens correction feature, which automatically corrects camera distortion that occurs when using external anamorphic lenses on the phone. Both corrections are only available for Pro and Pro Video modes.
The new version of the camera assistant also adds the exclusive audio monitoring feature of the Galaxy S24. I leave you the complete changelog:
- Added “Zoom Shortcuts” → 10x, 100x
- Added “Depth of Field Adapter Correction”
- Automatically corrects inverted images by external depth of field adapters.
- This correction only applies in Pro and Pro Video modes.
- Added “Anamorphic Lens Correction”
- Automatically decompresses previews and videos to correct distortion from external anamorphic lenses.
- This correction only applies in Pro Video mode while using the 16:9 ratio (excluding 8K and 120 fps).
- Added “Audio Monitoring”
- Monitors the sound to be recorded in video modes through external output devices such as BT, HDMI, and USB headphones.
Apply stabilization code
- “Optical Quality Crop Zoom” → “2x Crop Zoom Shortcut”
- Only the name/description of the feature has been changed.
- Added “High Resolution Setting”
- The “Adaptive Pixel” option has been moved to “High Resolution Setting”.
- Added the “Enhanced Digital Zoom” option (under “High Resolution Setting”).
- Added the “Distortion Correction” option
- Removed the “Capture Speed” option
- Moved to “Camera Settings > Advanced Intelligence Options”.
- If you don’t use the camera app for a long time, add a guide to the issue of not being able to enter Camera Assistant
- “The camera app was put into deep sleep to save battery. Remove it from your deep sleep apps in Settings to use Camera Assistant.” (Requires One UI 6.0 software update).
Note: This content has been translated with an artificial intelligence tool, so the translation may be slightly inaccurate. The original version written by our editor is the Spanish version.