Although not strictly detailed in the changelog, Samsung's Messages app shows off new icons and some minor aesthetic changes.
|No te pierdas nada y ¡Síguenos en Google News!
Samsung has released a new update (version 18.104.22.168) for its messaging application, Samsung Messages, aiming to introduce significant changes to the application’s user interface. As the default messaging app on Galaxy devices, Samsung Messages provides a clean interface and all essential functions for communication.
The latest update brings improvements to the user interface, suggesting possible changes to icons and function locations within the app. Additionally, it is likely to include bug fixes to address issues reported by previous users. If you are experiencing difficulties with specific functions or facing delays, it is recommended to update to the latest version.
Updating Samsung Messages
With a package size of 29.9 MB, the Samsung Messages update is only available on the Galaxy Store, Samsung’s official app store. To update, simply open the Galaxy Store, search for “Messages,” and tap the update button from the search results. You can also perform the update through the app menu by selecting the update option.
Samsung Messages facilitates communication through text messages, based on network operator plans. The app offers various features, such as message and contact search, a store for socks and stickers, message blocking, and the ability to pin conversations at the top, among other useful features.
Note: This content has been translated with an artificial intelligence tool, so the translation may be slightly inaccurate. The original version written by our editor is the Spanish version.
About One UI 6.0
One UI 6.0 was officially released on August 10, 2023, for Samsung Galaxy S23 and S23+ smartphones. The update is gradually rolling out to other compatible Samsung devices, and it expected to be available for all compatible devices by the end of 2023.
Check the list of eligible devices here.
What are the new changes in One UI 6.0?
One UI 6.0 introduces several new changes and improvements, including:
- A new Material You design that allows users to customize the appearance of their phone with custom colors and themes.
- A new lock screen that displays important information at a glance, such as the time, weather, and notifications.
- A redesigned notification bar for easier use.
- A redesigned home screen for greater customization.
- New privacy settings that offer more control over data shared with apps.
- A new digital well-being feature that helps users reduce phone usage.
How can I update my device to One UI 6.0?
To update your device to One UI 6.0, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Software Update.
- Select Download and Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.