The ROM is based on Samsung Galaxy S21 software and is 100% compatible with all apps ported to One UI 6.0.
|No te pierdas nada y ¡Síguenos en Google News!
One of the positive aspects of Android compared to other operating systems is its versatility and flexibility when it comes to modifications. Being open-source, developers can create their own ROMs, which are nothing more than modified versions of a phone’s firmware. Generally, these ROMs come with additional features, adaptations of Android to higher versions, and improvements in performance or battery consumption.
In this case, AlexisXDA from XDA Developers has developed his own ROM called Noble. It is currently at version 4 and supports three new Samsung devices: the Galaxy S9, the Galaxy S9 Plus, and the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
Noble ROM 4.0: S21 firmware adapted to other Galaxy models
The main advantage of this ROM is that it adds Android 14 to these three phones, and it is based on the latest Samsung layer, One UI 6.0. These three phone models did not receive an official update to this version of the operating system, so this is a good way to keep them updated now that they no longer have official support.
This version is compatible with models SM-N96xF/FD/N, SM-G96xF/FD/N, although only Exynos models are supported, as there is no support for Snapdragon chipset models. All the software is based on the One UI 6 version released for the Galaxy S21 and includes all security patches up to December 2023. The creator assures that minimal modifications have been made to the core, focusing on improving battery consumption and performance optimization.
Some notable features of Noble ROM 4.0
- You can choose the level of RAM compression.
- Reassignable Bixby button.
- Light and high-performance modes unlocked in “Device Care”.
- Battery Protect option enabled in “Device Care”.
- Compatible with DualSIM and MultiSIM switching.
- RMM lock disabled.
- Secure folder and app lock available.
- Call recording support.
- Outdoor mode available in Settings/Display.
- Fingerprint unlock and fingerprint gestures working.
- Compatible with Photo Remaster, Object Eraser, and Image Clipper.
- New portrait effects available.
- Adaptive protection for eye comfort and Extra Dim.
- Camera works fully.
- Night mode zoom on the camera.
- Night mode in hyperlapse.
- Compatible with Bixby Vision and document scanning.
- AR applications supported.
- Compatible with Dolby Atmos.
- Compatible with Samsung DEX.
- Good Lock available for all countries.
- Preinstalled Galaxy S23 wallpapers.
- Selectable iOS 16 or One UI 6 emojis.
- Compatible with One UI 6 applications.
You can download this ROM and install it by following the instructions detailed in the official thread on the XDA Developer forum.
Note: This content has been translated with an artificial intelligence tool, so the translation may be slightly inaccurate. The original version written by our editor is the the Spanish version