Remember that you can update by opening the Galaxy Wearable app on your smartphone, go to the "Watch" tab and select "Download and install".
|No te pierdas nada y ¡Síguenos en Google News!
Just four days ago, we reported that the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 was receiving the One UI Watch 5 update. Interestingly, this smartwatch was outside the major update cycle, and as it doesn’t have Wear OS, it’s unusual for Samsung to provide the layer with the company’s native improvements included in this version.
Now it’s the turn of the Samsung Galaxy Active Watch 2, a watch released in 2019 that is already beyond the update cycle, even for minor updates. However, the company has decided to give it a final push and gift this update to its users before the year ends.
Advantages of using One UI Watch 5.0 on Tizen
The firmware version for the watch is now: R820XXU1FWK2. It’s worth mentioning that this version is still based on Tizen and not on Wear OS, so many features are left out. Here are the functions you’ll have thanks to One UI Watch 5.0 on Tizen.
- Sleep Coaching: Allows access to the Sleep Coaching feature directly from the watches without opening the Galaxy Wearable app on smartphones. It also offers a new Sleep Insights user interface that displays sleep score, blood oxygen levels, and sleep phases.
- Physical activity improvements: Includes a new custom heart rate zone to enhance physical activity monitoring.
- User security: Enhances user security with the addition of new features, such as improvements in the SOS or emergency function, allowing users to call an emergency contact by pressing the watch’s home button five times.
- Connectivity: Improves connectivity between Galaxy watches and devices.
This update doesn’t come alone; it also includes two new watch faces, “Perpetual” and “Stretched Time,” respectively.
Where to buy the Galaxy Watch at the best price
- Buy the Galaxy Watch 4 from the Samsung store.
- Buy the Galaxy Watch 4 on Amazon.
- Buy the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic from the Samsung store.
- Buy the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic on Amazon.
- Buy the Galaxy Watch 5 from the Samsung store.
- Buy the Galaxy Watch 5 on Amazon.
- Buy the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro from the Samsung store.
- Buy the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro on Amazon.
Note: This content has been translated with an artificial intelligence tool, so the translation may be slightly inaccurate. The original version written by our editor is the the Spanish version